Majority of people across America, who do or own roof installations, are aware about the consequences of winter weather on roofs, i.e., ice dams. It is considered to be a key aspect of winter weather home maintenance, something that homeowners need to know. In addition to this, they also need to learn about ice dam prevention. While many roofers in Corpus Christi, Texas are limited to offering installation and removing services, Nelson Roof Contracting provides tips and tactics to handle emergency situations like a pro!
In this blog, we will be focusing on how to reduce the damage caused by ice dams on our roofs. But firstly, how do ice dams form? Usually, ice dams can occur from fall through spring on the edge of your roof after a snowfall. These unwanted formations of snow can cause damage to structures, such as accumulation in the attic, which can be very severe and dangerous.
Being one of the leading roofing contractors in Corpus Christi, Texas, Nelson Roof Contracting believes in prevention rather than regretting carelessness later. In case you see formation of ice dams on your roof, the need of the hour would be to take necessary steps such as proper attic insulation and ventilation. They help in preventing the development of ice dams, as they provide optimal temperature balance, aiding in thawing the snow.
Some of the tips of handling ice dams damage are as follows:
- Removal of snow in the first place: Your utmost priority should be to get rid of the snow being accumulated on the roof; it will certainly reduce the formation of ice dams to bare minimum, saving you from severe damage expenditure.
- Find if there are any leaks: You need to awaken your ‘sixth sense ‘to see if there are any leaks. In case there is any, we recommend you to blow cold air directly to freeze the water within. It will help in sealing the cracks.
- Removal of ice in small chunks: If, somehow, there is some development of ice dams on the roof, try removing it by breaking the ice in small pieces. However, you need to be careful while performing this; it might cause damage to the roof or to you.
- Thorough inspection: Formation of ice dams is not just limited to roofs and gutters; you need to check properly on the underside of the roof sheathing or insulation, to see if there is any moisture or damp there.
- Call a professional: To have a better check on your roof, you should call a team of professionals.
That is when Nelson Roof Contracting comes to your rescue! Our residential roof contracting services include removal of ice dams as well. You can leave the headache to us, sit back and relax! Let one of the most renowned roofing company in Corpus Christi, Texas, handle all your roof related issues and problems.
So this time, don’t be afraid of the winter season for your roof; our tips and professional assistants will help you get through!