Be it residential or commercial, the most common type of roofing done is ‘shingle roofing’. Majority of the roofers in Corpus Christi, Texas offer three types of shingles for residential roofing: asphalt, cedar and metal.
Asphalt shingles roofing is given more preference due to obvious reasons; they are long-lasting, low material cost, durability and easy installation. However, before your ‘big makeover’ of your house, it is essential that you understand the pros and cons of shingle roofing and take into account other considerable options.
Nelson Roof Contracting, one of the leading roof contractors in Corpus Christi, Texas, aims not just to provide top-notch roof installation services, but also to inform people about basic understandings of roofs. For example, advantages or disadvantages of any chosen roofing style, emergency tips, roof repairing tactics, et cetera.
As we are focusing on shingle roofing here, Nelson Roof Contracting has laid out some pros and cons of residential or commercial shingle roofing.
- Benefits of Shingle Roofing :
- Affordable: as mentioned before, shingle roofing material is pocket friendly, making it an obvious choice for many people.
- Doesn’t require much attention: Shingle roofing is known for their low maintenance property; the material is unlikely to get damaged easily.
- Easy Installation: it is easier for the roof contractors to install shingles roofs (plus it is cost efficient!)
- Variety: as this type of roofing is more famous, it is available in a wide range of prizes, shapes and colours.
- Easy repairing options and comes with extra protection services.
- Drawbacks of Shingle Roofing :
- Easy wind damage: even though these are of low cost and easy to set up, strong winds or hail storms can seriously damage shingles easily.
- Shorter life span: As compared to other materials from which shingles are made, asphalt shingles have a shorter life span (from 15 to 30 years).
- Damage done due to storage of excess moisture or accumulated debris can reduce its life span and be unrepairable.
- Non-resistant to heat: shingles roofing are not good heat capturers, i.e., they let too much heat into your house. It is not just limited to that; the heat can also damage the shingles as well!
However, many Corpus Christi roofers will still suggest shingles roofing for residential purposes (sometimes for commercial purposes too). All the advantages mentioned above makes shingles roofing an ideal choice for anyone.
Your next step would be hiring a good roof contractor, and that is where we come in! Nelson roof contracting, one of the most reliable roof contractors in Corpus Christi, can help you with all your residential and commercial needs! With our more than 30 years of experience, we assure you that our work will be promising and non-disappointing. In addition to installation services, we can improve your damaged roof situations as well.
Certified with the Texas Department of Inspections, we offer suggestions and advice too, so that it becomes easier for you to take care of your roof in emergency cases.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact us today!